Tips on how to record your lightning talk
...if you want to use PowerPoint
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- In the upper right corner, click 'Record'. Make sure your microphone and camera (if using) are turned on.
- When you’re ready to start recording, click the red Record button. Wait for the countdown, then start speaking.
- When you’re finished recording, click the red button again to stop recording.
- Save or Export your video as an MP4.
...if you want to use Zoom
- Open the Zoom app and click New Meeting.
- Click 'Share Screen' and share the screen or window with your presentation.
- In the Zoom control bar at the top of the screen, select More, then click Record. (You may need to hover your mouse at the top of the screen to get the control bar to appear.)
- When you’re finished recording, find the Zoom control bar at the top of the screen and click More, then click Stop Recording.
- Click Stop Share at the top of the screen to stop sharing your screen.
- End your Zoom meeting. Zoom will automatically save your recording as an MP4 in your computer’s Documents file in a folder titled Zoom. (Zoom may ask your permission to access your Documents file when you end the meeting. Select OK.)